PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
The Adventures in Diving program offers both the Adventure Diver and Advanced Open
Water Diver certifications. If you complete any three adventure dives, you can earn
your PADI Adventure Diver certification. If you complete your Deep Adventure Dive,
Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive and three Adventure Dives for a total of five,
you can earn your Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
Why Advanced Open Water Diver?
After your five dives, you'll be more experienced, feel more comfortable in the
water and simply enjoy diving more because you better understand the underwater
What do I need to start?
What will I do?
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 15 (12 for PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
This certification includes five Adventure Dives, including the Deep Adventure Dive,
the Underwater Navigator Adventure Dive and three of the following:
How long will it take?
- Altitude Diver
- Boat Diver
- Drift Diver
- Deep Diver
- Dry Suit Diver
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle
- Enriched Air Diver
- Multilevel Diver
- Night Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Search and Recovery Diver
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Videographer
- Underwater Photographer
- Underwater Navigator
- AWARE Fish Identification
- Wreck Diver
What will I need?
- Recommended Course Hours: 15
- Minimum Open Water Training: five dives over two days
- Adventures in Diving Crew-Pak
- Adventures in Diving Video
- Log Book
What does the course cost?
Where can I go from here?
- $250 plus course materials
PADI Advanced Open Water Divers at least 15 years of age can enroll in PADI Wreck
or Deep Diver Specialty courses and continue on to the PADI Rescue Diver or Junior
Rescue Diver course.
PADI Adventure Dives can also credit towards the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver
certifications. Stop by for more information on the PADI Adventures In Diving program.