PADI Rescue Diver
Why PADI Rescue Diver?
Rewarding and fun – that best describes the PADI Rescue Diver course. This course
will expand your knowledge and experience level: Rescue Divers learn to look beyond
themselves and consider the safety and well being of other divers. Although this
course is serious, it is an enjoyable way to build your confidence.
What do I need to start?
What will I do?
- You can enroll in the Rescue Diver Course
- as a certified Open Water Diver and participate
- in the Rescue Diver knowledge development and
- rescue training sessions, in confined water only,
- while working on your Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
- Minimum age: 15 years old (12 for PADI Junior Rescue Diver)
- Successful completion of a sanctioned CPR program
- within the past 24 months
- The Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR)
- and Secondary Care (First Aid) courses meet these requirements.
Rescue Diver training will prepare you to prevent problems and, if necessary manage
dive emergencies. During the five open water sessions, you'll cover:
How long will it take?
- Self-rescue and diver stress
- AED and emergency oxygen delivery systems
- dive first aid
- swimming and non-swimming rescue techniques
- emergency management and equipment
- panicked diver response
- underwater problems
- missing diver procedures
- surfacing the unconscious diver
- in-water rescue breathing protocols
- egress (exits)
- first aid procedures for pressure related accidents
- dive accident scenarios
What will I need?
- Recommended Course Hours: 25
- Minimum Open Water Training: fivesessions over two days
What will it cost?
- PADI Rescue Diver Crew-Pak
- PADI Rescue Diver Video on DVD
Where can I go from here?
- $275 plus course materials
The PADI Rescue Diver certification is a prerequisite
for all Professional level PADI courses,
beginning with the PADI Divemaster certification.
Contact us to enroll in a PADI Rescue Diver course
and prepare yourself to Go Pro.