Advanced Search & Recovery
Why Advanced Search and Recovery Diver?
Have you ever dropped something in the water? Are you looking for lost treasure? The Advanced Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course will teach you effective ways to find objects underwater and bring them to the surface using several methods and different types of lift bags.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or Junior Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Search & Recovery Specialty
- Minimum age: 15 years old
What will I do?
You'll expand on what you learned during the PADI Search & Recovery Specialty. You'll cover more extensive search patterns and lifting different types of objects without disturbing them and bringing the object up just as it was found. You'll also learn how to tie several knots and how to use different types of lift devices.
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: 12 hours
- Minimum Open Water Training: two dives during one day
What will I need?
- Search and Recovery-Pak, which includes manual, video and log insert
What will it cost?
- $100 plus course materials
Where can I go from here?
Your Advanced Search & Recovery Specialty can be used as one of five Specialty certifications required for your Master Scuba Diver certification. If you want to learn how to find things underwater, visit us.