Why Conservation Diver?
The Conservation Diver Specialty course teaches divers, snorkelers and non-divers about the vital role protecting the waters. The course also familiarizes participants with the current state of the Chicago area waters and how they can help.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 12 years old
What will I do?
This course includes:
- An introduction to the local waters in the Chicago area
- The importance of the ecosystems and coastal areas and the changes that are occuring
- How pollution affects the local waters
- How participants can help, including responsible diving and snorkeling practices
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: two
- One academic session and one open water dive
What will I need?
- The desire to make a difference
What does the course cost?
- $90 plus course materials
Where can I go from here?
The Conservation Diver Specialty course may count as one of five Specialty course certifications required for the Master Scuba Diver certification.
To enroll in any PADI Specialty course, contact us today.