PADI Ice Diver
Why PADI Ice Diver?
Looking for extreme diving? You've found it. The PADI Ice Diver Specialty certification allows you to test the limits of fun.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Drysuit certification (or quaifying certification from another organization)
- Must use a drysuit for the class
- Minimum age: 18 years old
What will I do?
You'll learn ice diving planning, organization, techniques and potential problems as well as site selection, preparation, special equipment and safety diver procedures. You'll then put this all into practice when you ice dive within the light zone (within 40 meters/130 feet total distance from the surface, including vertical and horizontal).
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: 12
- Minimum Open Water Training: three dives over two days
What does the course cost?
Where can I go from here?
Your Specialty course may count as one of five Specialty certifications required for your Master Scuba Diver certification.
Join the thrill seekers who find their adventure of a lifetime under the ice. Stop by for the details.