Digital Photographer & Digital Photography Review
How would you like to bring back lasting memories of the amazing creatures you saw
on your vacation? This class will enable you to do this.
It is actually 2 classes. One is designed for snorkelers and skin-divers. The other
is for SCUBA divers. Both have the same result. You will be able to prepare the
camera and housing for in-water use, then you will learn some "pro" photography
techniques to make your "raw" pictures turn out better. You can stop here, or we
can teach you how to edit your pictures for public display.
Why a Review class?
Going on vacation and want to practice with your camera? Jump in the pool and practice
buoyancy with your camera. Then you can have your pictures reviewed by a photography
professional who will provide tips for improvement. Or skip the pool session and
bring in your pictures for review. Student materials not required for this class,
What do I need to start?
- A desire to learn how to take digital pictures in the water
What will I do?
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification
from another organization)
- Minimum age: 10 years old
You'll learn the basics of underwater photography such as composition and camera
handling, with special emphasis on practical techniques. You'll learn underwater
photography dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and potential problems.
You'll also learn how to care for and maintain your camera equipment. Whne done
with the in-water portion, the optional Part 2 will teach you how to download, save
and edit your pictures.
How long will it take?
What will I need?
- Recommended Course Hours: Part 1 only: 8; Part 1 & 2: 12
- Minimum Open Water Training: Part 1: one pool session, one classroom session, one
in-water session. Part 2: an additional classroom session and then an additional
in-water session. All in one day if desired.
What will it cost?
- Digital Photo-Pak, which includes manual and white balance board
- Snorkeler Part 1 only: $45 plus course materials
- Snorkeler Part 1 & 2: $95 plus course materials
- Diver Part 1 only: $75 plus course materials
- Diver Part 1 & 2: $125 plus course materials
Photo Review class: $50.00, no materials required
Where can I go from here?
Your Adventures In Diving Digital Underwater Photographer Adventure Dive may count
towards this Specialty course at instructor discretion. This Specialty also counts
toward one of the five Specialties required for your Master Scuba Diver certification.
Capture your underwater adventures digitally and share diving with your friends
and family. Drop by and tell us you want to dive today.