Why Digital Photography?
How would you like to bring back lasting memories of the amazing creatures you saw on your vacation? This class will enable you to do this. It is actually 2 classes. One is designed for snorkelers and skin-divers. The other is for SCUBA divers. Both have the same result. You will be able to prepare the camera and housing for in-water use, then you will learn some "pro" photography techniques to make your "raw" pictures turn out better. You can stop here, or we can teach you how to edit your pictures for public display.
Why a Review class?
Going on vacation and want to practice with your camera? Jump in the pool and practice buoyancy with your camera. Then you can have your pictures reviewed by a photography professional who will provide tips for improvement. Or skip the pool session and bring in your pictures for review. Student materials not required for this class, but helpful.
What do I need to start?
- For snorkelers:
- A desire to learn how to take digital pictures in the water
- For divers:
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 10 years old
What will I do?
You'll learn the basics of underwater photography such as composition and camera handling, with special emphasis on practical techniques. You'll learn underwater photography dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and potential problems. You'll also learn how to care for and maintain your camera equipment. Whne done with the in-water portion, the optional Part 2 will teach you how to download, save and edit your pictures.
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: Part 1 only: 8; Part 1 & 2: 12
- Minimum Open Water Training: Part 1: one pool session, one classroom session, one in-water session. Part 2: an additional classroom session and then an additional in-water session. All in one day if desired.
What will I need?
- Digital Photo-Pak, which includes manual and white balance board
- Diver Part 1 only: $75 plus course materials
- Diver Part 2: $150 plus course materials
Where can I go from here?
Your Adventures In Diving Digital Underwater Photographer Adventure Dive may count towards this Specialty course at instructor discretion. This Specialty also counts toward one of the five Specialties required for your Master Scuba Diver certification. Capture your underwater adventures digitally and share diving with your friends and family. Drop by and tell us you want to dive today.