Why Photography Distinctive Specialties?
The Photography Distinctive Specialty courses will help you fine tune your underwater photography and teach you how to get the most out of your pictures based on what your subject is for the shot.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Underwater Photographer Specialty
- Minimum age: 12 years old
What will I do?
You'll learn how to take shots of such small creatures like seahorses without washing them out, how to set up and angle multiple strobes to get the best lighting without backscatter, and how to position objects against a background such as a wreck for a wide angle shot.
How long will it take for each course?
- Recommended Course Hours: 12
- Minimum Open Water Training: two dives over one day
What will I need?
- Photo-Pak, which includes manual, video and log insert
What will it cost?
- Macro Photography - $125 plus course materials
- Multiple Strobe Photography - $125 plus course materials
- Wide Angle Photography - $125 plus course materials
Where can I go from here?
These Distinctive Specialty courses may count toward your Master Scuba Diver certification. Capture your underwater adventures on film and share diving with your friends and family. Drop by and tell us you want to dive today.